Slow Cooker Pineapple Brown Sugar Honey Ham
Who doesn't love a good ham around the Holidays?
After years of experimenting with various ways to prepare a ham, I have found the easiest and tastiest way!
If you are a busy woman like me, your crock pot is your best friend! There's nothing better than knowing when I get home from work, I just need to throw a few things together (veggies/sides) and dinner is ready! When I get home from a long day, the last thing I want to do is slave away for another hour. Who is with me on this?! You know who you are! Therres nothing wrong with being a busy woman... but that doesn't mean you have to slack on good homecooked meals. Simplicity is what we need and this recipe will knock your socks off and is as easy as 1,2,3!
Who is tired of overcooked, dried ham that is baked in the oven and requires you to constantly check on it and baste it? Just set this in the crock pot, and go. The lid keeps all the moisture in for a perfectly cooked, juicy, ham!
I have (and highly recommend) the 6-Quart Smart Slow cooker with WeMo technology. I can literally control my crock pot temperatures from anywhere through the app!
- 2 c. Brown Sugar, divided
- 7-8 lb Bone-In Spiral Ham
- 20 oz can pineapple chunks
- Sprinkle 1 cup. of the brown sugar in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Place ham on top of brown sugar.
- Pour pineapple chunks (and juice) over the top of ham.
- Drizzle honey over the ham.
- Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar.
- Cook on low 8 hours.