Easy 3 Ingredient Armenian Manaeesh
If you haven't had Manaeesh AKA Zaatar bread, you've been missing out! This is a traditional Armenian & Middle Eastern breakfast dish that is super easy to make and you don't need any special skills or tools to bake it.
Traditionally, you would make the dough and Zaatar mix from scratch but I have simplified it to 3 ingredients!
What you'll need:
- Pillsbury Grand Rolls, I personally like the honey butter flavor. (Refrigerator section at most grocery stores).
- Zaatar seasoning mix (available premixed at most ethnic markets). If you can't find the premixed version, it is: Sesame seeds, thyme, oregano, sumac.
- Olive Oil
- Optional: Mozzarella or Brie Cheese (This isn't traditional but I LOVE CHEESE so I add it to everything)
- Flatten out rolls from can
- In a bowl, mix zaatar seasoning and olive oil
- spread the mix on top of flattened rolls (add cheese if desired)
- Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes